In July 2013 I ran The Color Run (TCR) for the first time! It was the most fun I’ve ever had running a 5K race and I became obsessed with this race. I know not everyone knows what The Color Run is (where have you been!?) so I’ll explain it first and give my review and a promo code for this years race on July 18th, 2015!
The event is so much fun even before it starts! The day of the race they have DJ and you get chances to go on stage and compete for swag and color packets. You have to wear all white to the race so that the color you are being blasted with shows up! It’s part of the fun! While you are running, there are stations where volunteers are throwing colorful cornstarch at you to get you covered. It’s great motivation and it’s so fun to see yourself at the end looking like a work of art! They also donate some of the profits to charity and have raised $3 million since they’ve started. At the end of the race you get a color packet (snacks, water) and then you can either dump it on yourself, throw it at your friends and or some strangers, or keep it for the finale where everyone huddles together and throws their open packets of color at once! Makes for some awesome photos.
Some tips for before the race:
1. Wear white wherever possible! You’ll want that color to show, right?!
2. Leave your electronics at home! I would suggest not bringing anything but your car key and keep it in a safe place. I used the arm band they sell at the race.
3. If you have light hair it may be colorful for a couple of washes! If you don’t want this to happen, wear a bandanna. That’s what I do!
4. Wear shoes you don’t mind getting colorful and messy! I chose some old white tennis shoes I’ve had for years. I only keep them specifically for these kinds of races. 😀
5. Don’t put the tattoo on your face! Just my advice because it hurts trying to scrub that sucker off.
6. Bring sheets, towels, extra clothing and shoes for after the race! You will be covered in color and it will rub off on your car seats and anything you touch. Be prepared!
7. Bring facial cleansing wipes or paper towels and water! This will be good to wash your hands and face off after the race. Be warned that blue and purple does not come off all the way until you bathe a couple of times. 🙂
8. Buy your ticket EARLY! The price goes up to $55 on race day, so the earlier you buy the cheaper it will be.
Which brings me to my Promo Code! Save $5 now with special promo code: CB1 at checkout on http://thecolorrun.com/columbus/
Hurry because the price goes up April 15th, 2015.
The Color Run is great fun and motivation to get moving. I loved the music, the people, the atmosphere, and that they support charities with part of my registry fee. Sometimes it does rain and it’s a bummer, but it’s still so much fun no matter what! There are also water stations too, so if it’s a super hot day, you’ll have the chance to break and take a sip. The end of the race is fun and filled with photo stations, music, dancing, and fun.
So what do you say? Will YOU be joining me at The Color Run 2015?